- 1/2cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3cups rolled oats
- 3/4cup chocolate chips
- 3/4cup dried apricots, chopped
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and light brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and blend until smooth. With a spoon, stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and apricots.
- Press the batter into the pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden and the pastry begins to pull away from the sides of the pan. The center should be slightly soft.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut into 18 bars when still warm, then let cool completely before removing from the pan.