- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for the ramekins
- 2 tablespoons packed dark-brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- ¼ cup dried cherries, chopped
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Butter 4 shallow (4 oz.) ramekins. Combine the dark brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter in a large bowl and stir until creamy. Stir in the egg yolks and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt. Fold in the chocolate and cherries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the ramekins. Bake until the tops are set and golden brown and the centers are a little bit soft, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve hot topped with ice cream, if desired.