Makes 60 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. On a rimmed baking sheet, toast the hazelnuts in the oven, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly, then rub in a clean dish towel to remove the skins (discard).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in the almond extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing by hand until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the hazelnuts, dried cherries, and chocolate.
- Shape the dough into two 2-by-10-inch logs and place 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and firm, 25 to 30 minutes.
- When the logs are cool enough to handle, using a serrated knife, slice each log into ⅜-inch-thick slices. Place the slices cut-side down on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets and turning the biscotti over halfway through, until dry and firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 60
- Fat 2g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Sodium 34mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 7mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .