Chocolate Bread Pudding
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Coat six 5-ounce ramekins with the butter.
- Place the bread in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, whisk together the cream, milk, and vanilla and warm over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, just until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips, whisking until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar. Slowly whisk in a small amount of the hot chocolate cream, then whisk the egg mixture into the cream until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture over the bread, stir, and press firmly with a spatula, making sure all the bread is soaked. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature. (It can soak in the refrigerator for up to a day.)
- Bring a large kettle of water to a boil. Remove the plastic wrap and divide the chocolate bread into the prepared ramekins. Press down gently and ladle any remaining liquid evenly among the ramekins, then place them in a large roasting pan. Transfer the pan to the oven and fill with boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake until the pudding is set, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool at least 5 minutes in the water. Dust each ramekin with the cocoa. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Per Serving
- Calories 474Calories From Fat 57%
- Calcium 97mg
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Cholesterol 156mg
- Fat 30g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 7mg
- Sat Fat 18g
- Sodium 176mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .