- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture, chocolate chips, apricots, and pecans. Chill for 2 hours.
- Shape into two 1½-inch logs.
- Store in waxed paper in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (or freeze for up to 2 weeks).
- To bake: Cut into ½-inch slices (about 2 tablespoons each) and bake at 350° F for 15 minutes.