Chipotle Pork Loin With Black Bean Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 2 15.5-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper (such as jalapeño or serrano), chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- Heat oven to 375° F. In a small bowl, combine the chipotle pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place the pork on a rimmed baking sheet and coat with the spice mixture. Roast until the internal temperature of the pork registers 145° F, 40 to 50 minutes. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the beans, avocado, cilantro, scallions, chili pepper, lime juice, the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, and ½ teaspoon salt. Let stand while the pork roasts.
- Serve the pork with the bean salad and lime wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 511
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 98mg
- Sodium 1,106mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 11g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 68mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .