Chilled Sugar Snap Pea Soup
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas, washed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in the sugar and salt and cook 1 minute more. Stir the half-and-half with 3 cups of water in a large measuring cup.
- Place half the snap-pea mixture in a blender or food processor. Pour in half the water mixture and puree until very smooth, 30 to 60 seconds. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the soup through a strainer and chill for at least 4 hours. Sprinkle with the chives (if desired) before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 150
- Calcium 98mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Fat 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 5mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 214mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Buy organic: The grains that dairy cows eat can be treated with chemicals, which have a residual presence in milk and dairy products.