- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 16ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1cup fresh orange juice
- 2/3cup sugar
- 1/2cup apricot preserves
- 2 small Granny Smith apples—peeled, cored, and cut
- 1/2pound chopped fresh pineapple (1 1/4 cups)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the cranberries, orange juice, sugar, and preserves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the apples and pineapple. Let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with plastic, and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.