Chilled Cucumber Soup
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 pounds cucumbers (about 4)—peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small baguette, sliced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 8 ounces Feta, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- In a blender, puree the sour cream, scallions, jalapeños, basil, lime juice, half the cucumbers, ¼ cup water, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the remaining cucumbers and puree (adjusting the consistency with water as necessary) until smooth.
- Serve with the bread, salami, Feta, and olives.
- Per Serving
- Calories 537Calories From Fat 263
- Protein 26g
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 15g
- Sodium 2114mg
- Cholesterol 79mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The soup can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.