- Leftovers from Slow-Cooker Black Bean and Zucchini Chili:
- 5 1/2cups Slow-Cooker Black Bean and Zucchini Chili
- Additional ingredients:
- 2cups pepper Jack, grated (about 8 ounces)
- 6 small bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 small head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, mix together the chili and 1 cup of the cheese. Arrange the bell peppers, cut-side up, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Divide the chili mixture among the bell peppers, add ½ cup water to the baking dish, and tightly cover the dish with foil.
- Bake until the bell peppers are soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese, and bake until the cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add the cabbage and toss to combine. Serve with the bell peppers, sprinkled with the scallions.