Chili Shrimp and Coconut Risotto
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, and salt and cook until the shrimp is pink and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the chili paste and coconut milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, bean sprouts, scallion, lime juice, and shrimp and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve garnished with basil leaves.
- Per Serving
- Calories 567Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 79mg
- Carbohydrate 52g
- Cholesterol 168mg
- Fat 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 8mg
- Protein 25mg
- Sat Fat 20g
- Sodium 900mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .