large shrimp, shelled and deveined
cloves garlic, minced
can coconut milk
cooked jasmine rice
scallion, thinly sliced
fresh lime juice
Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, and salt and cook until the shrimp is pink and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the chili paste and coconut milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, bean sprouts, scallion, lime juice, and shrimp and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve garnished with basil leaves.