- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 2tablespoons chili paste
- 114-ounce can coconut milk
- 4cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1cup bean sprouts
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, and salt and cook until the shrimp is pink and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the chili paste and coconut milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, bean sprouts, scallion, lime juice, and shrimp and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve garnished with basil leaves.