Chili-Rubbed Pork Kebabs With Pineapple Salsa
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 6-ounce boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the pineapple slices for 2 minutes per side. Cut into a small dice, discarding the pieces of core.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¾ teaspoon of the salt. Set aside.
- Combine the chili powder and the remaining teaspoon of salt in a large bowl. Add the pork and the remaining tablespoon of oil and toss to coat.
- Thread the pork onto four 12-inch skewers. Grill the kebabs, turning every 2 minutes, until cooked through, about 15 minutes total.
- Serve the kebabs alongside the pineapple salsa.
- Per Serving
- Calories 377.6Calories From Fat 41%
- Calcium 72.59mg
- Carbohydrate 18.86g
- Cholesterol 97.29mg
- Fat 17.5g
- Fiber 3.91g
- Iron 2.35mg
- Protein 37.33mg
- Sat Fat 4.6g
- Sodium 623.66mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .