- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4teaspoons kosher salt
- 3tablespoons chili powder
- 4 6-ounce boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the pineapple slices for 2 minutes per side. Cut into a small dice, discarding the pieces of core.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¾ teaspoon of the salt. Set aside.
- Combine the chili powder and the remaining teaspoon of salt in a large bowl. Add the pork and the remaining tablespoon of oil and toss to coat.
- Thread the pork onto four 12-inch skewers. Grill the kebabs, turning every 2 minutes, until cooked through, about 15 minutes total.
- Serve the kebabs alongside the pineapple salsa.