- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh cod fillets (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- juice of 2 limes
- Heat oven to 450° F. Lightly coat a roasting pan with vegetable cooking spray. Arrange the cod fillets skin-side down.
- Sprinkle the cod with the chili powder, oregano, and salt. Roast 5 to 7 minutes or until the cod is just opaque and flakes when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, swirling constantly, just until the butter begins to brown.
- Add the cumin and lime juice and continue to cook, swirling, 1 minute longer.
- Remove the cod from the oven. Drizzle the cumin-lime butter over the top.