Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the sausage, crumbling it with a spoon, until no trace of pink remains, about 7 minutes.
- Add the chili powder and cook for 1 minute. Spoon off and discard any fat.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and salsa and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg, and milk, then stir in the Cheddar.
- Transfer the chili to a 9-by-9-inch or 11-by-7-inch 2-quart baking dish. Spread the corn bread batter over the top.
- Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 455Calories From Fat 213
- Fat 24g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 78mg
- Sodium 1,396mg
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Sugar 10g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 197mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the chili pie with broccoli sautéed with butter, garlic, and fresh lemon juice.