- 4 poblano chilies or 4 small green bell peppers
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat grill to medium. Cut a slit lengthwise in each chili and scoop out the seeds and ribs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, cheese, raisins, salsa, and chili powder. Stuff the peppers with the filling.
- Season the steak with the oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Grill to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Grill the peppers, turning frequently, until they are soft and the cheese has melted, 7 to 8 minutes. Serve with the sliced steak.