Chickpeas With Chard and Pan-Roasted Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 small bunch Swiss chard, thick stems and ribs removed and leaves torn (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Twenty minutes before the rice is done, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, cut-side down, and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until browned and starting to soften, 3 to 5 minutes; turn and cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chard, raisins, garlic, 2 tablespoons water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the skillet. Cook, tossing, until the chard wilts, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return the tomatoes to the skillet, add the chickpeas and lemon juice, and toss until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over the rice.
- Per Serving
- Calories 357
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 540mg
- Protein 10g
- Carbohydrate 61g
- Sugar 11g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 90mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
In a hurry? Replace the brown rice with whole-wheat couscous and you’ll have dinner on the table in just 20 minutes.