- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons tomato paste
- 6cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 pound green beans, halved
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1cup frozen peas
- 1/4cup pesto
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook until slightly darkened, 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, green beans, chickpeas, and frozen peas. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Top with the pesto.