Chickpea and Red Pepper Salsa
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup arugula, chopped
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- dippers (such as toasted pitas and grilled flat bread)
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, scallions, arugula, red peppers, lemon juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve with the dippers.
- Per Serving
- Calories 86Calories From Fat 45
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 2g
- Fat 5g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 317mg
- Cholesterol 0mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Beans made from scratch have better flavor, but the cooking can take hours. Canned beans are a solid alternative, if you rinse and drain them well.