Chicken With Tomatoes and Mushrooms
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds red or new potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (peeled, if desired)
- 1 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 pint whole grape or cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- Heat oven to 400° F. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Rub to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, rosemary, tomatoes, mushrooms, and the remaining oil, salt, and pepper. Scatter the potatoes around the chicken. (If the potatoes don't fit in a single layer, place some under the chicken.) Roast until the chicken is cooked through and a thigh registers 180° F on a meat thermometer, about 45 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 821Calories From Fat 57%
- Fat 52g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 217mg
- Sodium 1,395mg
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 55g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Use a paring knife to cut fruits and vegetables.