- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into pieces
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2pounds red or new potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (peeled, if desired)
- 1 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 pint whole grape or cherry tomatoes
- 8ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- Heat oven to 400° F. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Rub to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, rosemary, tomatoes, mushrooms, and the remaining oil, salt, and pepper. Scatter the potatoes around the chicken. (If the potatoes don't fit in a single layer, place some under the chicken.) Roast until the chicken is cooked through and a thigh registers 180° F on a meat thermometer, about 45 minutes.