- 2teaspoons dried oregano
- kosher salt and pepper
- 8 small chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4cup all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small yellow onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 jarred hot cherry peppers, seeded and roughly chopped, plus 3 tablespoons of the brine
- 1cup dry white wine
- 1cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1cup long-grain white rice
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, season with the spice mixture, and dredge in the flour. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat and brown the chicken, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onions to the pot and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cherry peppers and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the pepper brine, wine, and broth and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions. Divide among individual bowls and spoon the chicken and sauce over it.