- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt
- 3/4 pound tomatillos (paper skins removed)
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- crumbled Cotija, ricotta salata, or Feta, for serving
- Heat broiler. Season the chicken with the chili powder and ¾ teaspoon salt. Place the chicken, tomatillos, onion, and jalapeño on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are charred and tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool slightly. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken into large pieces.
- Place the tomatillos, onion, jalapeño, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a blender. Process until a chunky salsa forms. Add the lime juice and cilantro and pulse to combine.
- Top the tortillas with the chicken, salsa, and Cotija, and sprinkle with the extra cilantro, dividing evenly. Serve with the lime wedges.