- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound snow peas, halved crosswise (3 cups)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, scallions, and ginger. Shape into 16 meatballs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs, turning, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the peas and edamame. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes. Return the meatballs to the skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce and sugar. Add to the skillet and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs, vegetables, and sauce over rice.