Chicken With Tarragon and Leeks
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds baby new potatoes (about 16)
- 8 small skinless chicken thighs (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 leeks (white and light green parts), halved lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Place the potatoes on the bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken, leeks, wine, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, covered, until the chicken and potatoes are tender, on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Transfer the chicken and all but 4 of the potatoes to plates. Using a fork, smash the remaining potatoes into the cooking liquid to thicken.
- Add the peas and cream and cook just until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon over the chicken and sprinkle with the tarragon.
- Per Serving
- Calories 469Calories From Fat 30%
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 7g
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Calcium 94mg
- Iron 5mg
- Sodium 679mg
- Cholesterol 112mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Baby potatoes are very small new potatoes (10 to 11 per pound). If you can only find larger new potatoes, cut them in half for this recipe. Or try medium red bliss or Yukon gold cut into 2-inch pieces.