Chicken Tacos With Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 25m| Total Time: 30m
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 4.5-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 8 crispy taco shells, warmed
- salsa, for serving
- Cut away the peel and pith of the grapefruit. Working over a small bowl, cut along both sides of each grapefruit segment, releasing the segments into the bowl. Squeeze the membrane to release 1 tablespoon of the juice. Add the avocado, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the chicken and chilies and cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the beans and scallion whites and cook until warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the vinegar. Divide the chicken mixture among the taco shells and serve with the salad, beans, and salsa. Sprinkle with the scallion greens.
- Per Serving
- Calories 562
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 92mg
- Sodium 799mg
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 42g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 10g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 111mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To shred a rotisserie chicken, pull off the breasts and legs with your hands (if you’re squeamish, you can use a knife). Remove the bones and, using 2 forks, pull the meat apart. A 2½-pound rotisserie bird will yield 3½ to 4 cups of meat.
Top Searches in Food & Recipes
Search Food & Recipes: