Chicken With Sweet Potatoes and Onions
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- Heat oven to 400º F. In a large roasting pan, toss the potatoes, onion, thyme, oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper.
- Season the chicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper and nestle it, skin-side up, among the potatoes and onions.
- Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 515
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 142mg
- Sodium 634mg
- Protein 46g
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 3g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Free-range birds have a more robust turkey flavor and substantial texture than coop-raised ones. They tend to be moist but not exceptionally so.