long-grain white rice
16-ounce bag shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
low-sodium soy sauce
peanuts, roughly chopped
teriyaki sauce (optional)
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts, chicken, and soy sauce and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the rice among plates, spoon the vegetables over top, and sprinkle with the peanuts. Serve with the teriyaki sauce, if desired.