Chicken, Squash, and Chickpea Salad With Tahini Dressing
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds)—peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces romaine hearts, cut into strips (about 9 cups)
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup pita chips, broken
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 425° F, with the racks in the upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast on the bottom rack, tossing once, until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken on a second rimmed baking sheet and coat it with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast on the top rack until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly, then slice.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, oregano, the remaining tablespoon of oil, ⅓ cup water, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Divide the lettuce among plates; dividing evenly, top with the squash, chicken, chickpeas, pita chips, and chives. Serve with the dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 518
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 47mg
- Sodium 752mg
- Protein 27g
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 10g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 198mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Tahini can vary in thickness, depending on the brand. Don’t be afraid to add a little more or less water than the recipe calls for to get the consistency of the dressing to your liking.