Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound gemelli, penne, or another short pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about half of a 2- to 2 1/2-pound bird)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last minute of cooking. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and peas and reserve the pot.
- Melt the butter in the pasta pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream, chicken, spinach, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the pot and cook until the chicken is warmed through and the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pasta and peas and toss to combine (add ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water if the pasta seems dry). Serve with the Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 718
- Fat 31g
- Sat Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 151mg
- Sodium 424mg
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 74g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 102mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Instead of rotisserie chicken, you can use two 4- to 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cook in oil in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per side. Shred with 2 forks and use as directed.