- 3/4 pound gemelli, penne, or short pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about half of a 2- to 2 1/2-pound bird)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last minute of cooking. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and peas and reserve the pot.
- Melt the butter in the pasta pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream, chicken, spinach, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until the chicken is warmed through and the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta and peas and toss to combine (adding a little of the reserved cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce). Serve with the Parmesan.