- 3/4cup plain yogurt
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2teaspoons sugar
- 1/2teaspoon turmeric
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into long strips
- 3 large, ripe mangoes, cut into large pieces
- Place 20 wooden skewers in water to soak. In a large, shallow dish, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the yogurt mixture and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 15 minutes (or overnight, if desired).
- Heat grill to medium high. Remove the chicken from the marinade, shaking off the excess, and thread onto the skewers.
- Grill the chicken, turning, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Grill the mango until slightly charred and tender, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with the chicken.