Chicken Skewers With Bean Salad and Pesto
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 1/4 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 small head radicchio, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a food processor, puree the yogurt, pine nuts, garlic, 2 cups parsley, ¼ cup oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop the remaining ¼ cup parsley. In a medium bowl, toss with the beans, radicchio, vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Thread the chicken onto 8 skewers, coat with the remaining tablespoon oil, and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve with the pesto and the bean salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 466
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 95mg
- Sodium 560mg
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 116mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The pesto and the chicken on skewers can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Add the oil and seasoning to the chicken just before grilling.