boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
firm apple, such as Braeburn, cored, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
large onion, thinly sliced
garlic clove, minced
dried thyme leaves
kosher salt and black pepper
- Place each chicken-breast half between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound with a meat mallet until about ¾ inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the apple slices, apple juice, onion, garlic, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Simmer, covered, 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender.
- Remove the chicken, apple slices, and onion to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Bring the sauce to a boil for about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Whisk in the mustard. Pour the sauce over the chicken.