Chicken Sausage and Peach Skewers
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 fully cooked chicken sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 peaches or plums, pitted and cut into wedges
- 8 ounces baguette or French bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- Soak 8 small wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Bring to a simmer. Steam the green beans in the steamer basket until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- .Meanwhile, mix together the mustard, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the green beans and toss to combine.
- Toss the sausage, peaches, and baguette with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl, thread onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers, turning occasionally, until the sausages are heated through and the bread is toasted, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve with the green beans.
- Per Serving
- Calories 466
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 1,045mg
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate 51g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 91mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can assemble the skewers up to 4 hours in advance; refrigerate, covered, until ready to grill. The green beans can also be cooked in advance; rinse with cool water and refrigerate, covered. Toss with the dressing before serving.