- 1 12-ounce package fully cooked chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 pound), cut into small florets
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8ounces provolone, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2pounds pizza dough, at room temperature
- all-purpose flour, for the work surface
- cut-up vegetables and ranch dressing, for serving
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the sausage, broccoli, bell pepper, and garlic with the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the provolone, and toss to combine.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch each piece into a 7-inch circle. Dividing evenly, spoon the broccoli mixture onto one side of each round (about ½ cup each), leaving a ½-inch border. Dot the border with water, fold the dough over to form a semicircle, and press firmly to seal.
- Place the pockets on a parchment-lined large baking sheet and cut several slits in each. Bake the pockets until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with the vegetables and ranch dressing.
- The unbaked pockets can be frozen for up to 3 months. First freeze them on the baking sheet until firm, then transfer to freezer bags. To cook, bake the pockets from frozen on parchment-lined baking sheets at 425° F until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.