- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices white or whole wheat bread
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (2 cups)
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Lay 4 slices on an ungreased baking sheet, butter-side down.
- Divide the chicken among the 4 slices and top with some of the cheese and apple slices.
- Place the remaining bread slices on top, butter-side up. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn and bake until crispy and golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.