Chicken Salad With Herbs and Radicchio
Serves 4 to 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken
- 4 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 heads radicchio, leaves separated
- Using a fork or your fingers, shred the chicken meat, discarding the skin and bones.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrots, scallions, tarragon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Divide the radicchio leaves among plates, top with the chicken mixture, and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Per Serving
- Calories 374
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 82mg
- Sodium 379mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you find radicchio too peppery, spoon the salad into Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves. Or serve it in endive leaves as fork-free hors d’oeuvres.