Serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
- 10 ounces pearl onions, peeled, or 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 pound button mushrooms, stems removed and caps quartered
- 6 endives, ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 cups Riesling wine
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the pancetta or bacon and fry until crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Spoon off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Add some of the chicken to the pot, skin-side down, and brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Add the onions and mushrooms to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms release their juices, about 5 minutes. Add the endives and wine, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- Nestle the chicken among the endives. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 40 minutes. Divide the chicken, endives, and sauce among individual plates and sprinkle with the reserved pancetta or bacon.
- Per Serving
- Calories 467Calories From Fat 60%
- Fat 31g
- Sat Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 1,109mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 29g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Use a paring knife to cut fruits and vegetables.