Chicken With Potatoes, Bacon, and Cabbage
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 small head savoy cabbage (8 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- In a second large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes; remove. Add the shallot, mustard, and vinegar to the drippings in the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until the shallot is soft, 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook, tossing, until wilted, 2 to 4 minutes more. Serve with the chicken and sprinkle with the bacon.
- Per Serving
- Calories 351
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 742mg
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 47mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .