Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 32-ounce container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 dried ancho chili, thinly sliced, or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 15-ounce can hominy, rinsed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and chili and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the chicken and hominy and simmer until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve the posole with the lime wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 271
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 66mg
- Sodium 788mg
- Protein 26g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 4g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .