onion, thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
32-ounce container low-sodium chicken broth
28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
dried ancho chili, thinly sliced, or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
shredded rotisserie chicken meat
15-ounce can hominy, rinsed
lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and chili and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the chicken and hominy and simmer until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve the posole with the lime wedges.