- 4cups frozen French fries
- 2tablespooons olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 1/2 pounds), cut into strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 8 slices provolone (4 ounces)
- Cook the French fries according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, onion, and bell pepper, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and cook until the chicken has browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Dividing evenly, fill the rolls with the chicken mixture and the provolone and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until the provolone has melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the fries.