Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat broiler. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Dredge in the flour, then in the eggs (letting any excess drip off), then in the bread crumbs.
- Working in two batches (using the remaining 3 tablespoons oil for the second batch), cook the chicken until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cut the cutlets in half crosswise. Place 4 halves on a baking sheet, spoon half the sauce over them, top with the remaining cutlets and sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Broil until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Divide among plates. Serve with the garlic bread (if desired).
- Per Serving
- Calories 670Calories From Fat 343
- Fat 39g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 188mg
- Sodium 1,215mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 467mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a more indulgent version of this dish, also sprinkle the chicken with ½ cup shredded fresh mozzarella.