Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and drumsticks
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Cook the chicken until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pot.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (crush them with your hands as you add them), paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Nestle the chicken in the vegetable mixture and simmer, partially covered, until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Top with the chicken, sour cream, and dill.
- Per Serving
- Calories 613
- Fat 30g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 164mg
- Sodium 867mg
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Sugar 10g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 53mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can freeze the cooked chicken (without the noodles) for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator, reheat in a 400-degree oven, and serve with the noodles, sour cream, and fresh dill.