bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and drumsticks
kosher salt and black pepper
medium onion, sliced
bell pepper, sliced
cloves garlic, chopped
28-ounce can peeled whole tomatoes
wide egg noodles
chopped fresh dill
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Cook the chicken until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pot.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (crush them with your hands as you add them), paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Nestle the chicken in the vegetable mixture and simmer, partially covered, until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Top with the chicken, sour cream, and dill.