Chicken Paillard With Black Olive and Sprout Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 2 cups fresh sprouts (such as radish or alfalfa)
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, 3 tablespoons oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add celery, onion, olives, and sprouts. Toss well.
- Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, pound chicken to ½-inch thickness with a mallet or the bottom of a skillet. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, sauté the chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates and top with the salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 338.74Calories From Fat 52%
- Calcium 56.28mg
- Carbohydrate 3.98g
- Cholesterol 93.98mg
- Fat 19.8g
- Fiber 1.76g
- Iron 2.35mg
- Protein 35.51mg
- Sat Fat 3.34g
- Sodium 596.64mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Pounding the breasts ensures that they will cook quickly and evenly. Or substitute thinly sliced cutlets, allowing 2 per person.