Chicken and Noodle Salad With Chili Dressing
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 8 ounces rice noodles or angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 jalapeño (preferably red), seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress (about 3 cups)
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, sesame oil, sugar, and jalapeño.
- Slice the chicken. Divide the noodles, chicken, watercress, cucumber, and scallions among plates. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 475
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 437mg
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 54g
- Fiber 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.