rice noodles or angel hair pasta
6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt and black pepper
fresh lime juice
toasted sesame oil
jalapeño (preferably red), seeded and thinly sliced
bunch watercress (about 3 cups)
seedless cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, sesame oil, sugar, and jalapeño.
- Slice the chicken. Divide the noodles, chicken, watercress, cucumber, and scallions among plates. Drizzle with the dressing.